Update 4th June 2020
Following the Government announcement on 28th May, we are incredibly pleased and excited to announce that we will be re-opening The Dental Group from Monday 8th June 2020.
We have had to cancel all appointments since the lockdown began 3 months ago so we will initially prioritise appointments for our existing patients who have had dental emergencies or appointments cancelled, in order of urgency.
Please do not attend the clinic unless you have an appointment.
New protocols for the practice:
- Communicate medical circumstances and medical history beforehand by email or on the phone
- Communicate dental problems and symptoms beforehand on the phone or email to assure the correct treatment planning
- Reduce contact with others during your dental visit (except dentist and nurse)
- Reduce contamination by aerosol or touch
- Simplify payment options to avoid unnecessary congestion
- Optimise the air quality in our surgeries
- Optimise surgery times to assure all treatment can be fulfilled in one session
- Dedicate certain surgery times to vulnerable or elderly patients
Before entering the practice
Before reopening, we will contact you to carry out a Pre-attendance assessment which includes your medical history, personal details and other forms.
Please be aware that we will initially book in all the dental emergencies which have accumulated in the last weeks.
We are also planning on extending our surgery hours to accommodate our patients in need of dental treatment. A reduced number of dentists will work on a day with their team and a rotation system will assure that your dentist is available for you. Your dentist or the receptionist will contact you via phone to ensure they are familiar with your symptoms or dental problem beforehand.
The day of your appointment
We are asking you to wait outside or in your car until we contact you by phone. This is to avoid any waiting time within the practice.
- You will be greeted by one of our staff members, keeping the safety distance and advising you to sanitise your hands at reception.
- Please make sure you are wearing a mask, if you do not have one, you can purchase one from us for £2.00.
- Your temperature will be assessed at the entrance. Our staff temperature is also monitored on a daily basis.
- You will then be guided into the surgery where everything will be ready to start the dental treatment.
In the surgery
- You will be covered by an apron and we would like you to rinse with a mouthwash provided for you.
- During the dental treatment, we will use a ‘rubber dam’ to reduce the release of droplets out of your mouth.
- The dental team will look a bit different as we will be even more covered up using our Personal Protective Equipment but don’t worry, we are still the same people underneath!
- We will try to make this time in the dental chair as joyful as ever.
After the Treatment
- After the treatment, you will be guided out of the surgery by a staff member.
- Payment can be made up-front or directly after your treatment. Our PDQ machine is wiped down after every use with surface disinfectant wipes.
- A further appointment will be booked for you.
Please DO NOT enter the practice without an appointment and do not enter the waiting room.
The bannisters, door handles, and other surfaces will be disinfected meticulously and regularly.
This policy will be constantly reviewed and updated as necessitated by circumstances over time.
Thank you for all your messages and support. We really appreciate it.
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions or concerns.
Tel: 02380 556 449
Please be patient, we are going to be very busy!