Last updated 16th November 2020
Please do not attend the clinic unless you have an appointment.
Protocols for the practice:
- Communicate medical circumstances and medical history beforehand by email or on the phone
- Communicate dental problems and symptoms beforehand on the phone or email to assure the correct treatment planning
- Reduce contact with others during your dental visit (except dentist and nurse)
- Reduce contamination by aerosol or touch
- Simplify payment options to avoid unnecessary congestion
- Optimise the air quality in our surgeries
- Optimise surgery times to assure all treatment can be fulfilled in one session
- Dedicate certain surgery times to vulnerable or elderly patients
Before entering the practice
Before you attend the practice, we ask you the following screening questions:
- Are you fit and well?
- Have you been in contact with anyone with COVID-19?
- Are you living with anyone with COVID-19 symptoms?
- Do you have a persistent cough?
- Do you have a high temperature?
- Have you lost your sense of smell or taste?
If you already have an appointment and any of the above questions flag up that you are not well, please call us immediately to reschedule your appointment.
- Please use your own toilet before you come in as ours is locked.
- Please brush your teeth before you come in.
- Please wear a mask all the time that you are in the practice except for when you are in the surgery receiving treatment.
- Please remember to keep a 2 meter distance between people – obviously not when you are receiving your dental treatment as we need to get up close to you but we wear full PPE when we do this.
- Please come alone to your appointment wherever possible.
We are also planning on extending our surgery hours to accommodate our patients in need of dental treatment. A reduced number of dentists will work on a day with their team and a rotation system will assure that your dentist is available for you.
The day of your appointment
We are asking you to wait outside or in your car until we contact you by phone. This is to avoid any waiting time within the practice.
- You will be greeted by one of our staff members, keeping the safety distance and advising you to sanitise your hands at reception.
- Please make sure you are wearing a mask, if you do not have one, you can purchase one from us for £2.00.
- Your temperature will be assessed at the entrance. Our staff temperature is also monitored on a daily basis.
- You will then be guided into the surgery where everything will be ready to start the dental treatment.
In the surgery
- You will be asked to rinse with a mouthwash provided for you.
- During the dental treatment, we will use a ‘rubber dam’ to reduce the release of droplets out of your mouth.
- The dental team will look a bit different as we will be even more covered up using our Personal Protective Equipment but don’t worry, we are still the same people underneath!
- We will try to make this time in the dental chair as joyful as ever.
After the Treatment
- After the treatment, you will be guided out of the surgery by a staff member.
- Payment can be made up-front or directly after your treatment. Our PDQ machine is wiped down after every use with surface disinfectant wipes.
- A further appointment will be booked for you.
Please DO NOT enter the practice without an appointment and do not enter the waiting room.
The bannisters, door handles, and other surfaces will be disinfected meticulously and regularly.
This policy will be constantly reviewed and updated as necessitated by circumstances over time.
Thank you for all your messages and support. We really appreciate it.
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions or concerns.
Tel: 02380 556 449